|What it takes to be the best organization
isn't a mystery: It's a matter of mixing high-quality service, an
efficient, well-tuned operation and a healthy bottom line. Though many
organizations may have an idea of how it is done, some just do it much
better. During a time when a challenging marketplace has squeezed tax
revenues, there are more than likely an elite group of top-performing
organizations statewide and the United States. These organizations are
seeing better financial results at the same time they are experiencing
more successful outcomes than their peers.
Benchmarking will allow businesses to determine how
close or how far they are compared to the best performing businesses
statewide or within the United States.
By identifying organizations that provide high-quality
service, operate efficiently, and produce superior results, benchmarking
will provide your organization a direction for positive change.
The TEAMS Group provides quality, comprehensive benchmarking data.
Our Benchmarking Program is an information foundation on which
strategies and goals can be developed. The program allows businesses,
(private and public) to compare staffing, productivity, administrative,
operations, technology, and compensation practices to those of their
peers. Benchmarks can also provide businesses with information needed to
measure their success and relative strengths. The TEAMS Group also
designs surveys, collects and audits data, and produces customized
Private and public businesses have an imperative to remain efficient,
while providing service at the lowest possible cost. In today's
environment of rapid change, most need external, objective assistance in
seeing the forest for the trees. The TEAMS Group, drawing on its
experience of helping many businesses solve problems, provides a cost
effective process to identify cost and service improvement
Why should you benchmark?
There are many benefits of benchmarking. The following list
summarizes the main benefits:
- Provides realistic and achievable targets.
- Prevents businesses from being internally led.
- Challenges operational complacency.
- Creates an atmosphere conducive to continuous improvement
- Allows employees to visualize the improvement, which can be a
strong motivator for change.
- Creates a sense of urgency for improvement.
- Confirms the belief that there is a need for change.
- Helps to identify weak areas and indicates what needs to be done
- The steps required to complete the Benchmark Survey include:
- Work with the Client to identify key performance indicators that
define their critical success factors – those few areas where
satisfactory performance is essential in order for the client to
succeed in achieving its goals and objectives.
- Identify and collect data from survey participants.
- Assemble and analyze the data collected from the survey
- Present the survey findings in the form a performance gap
analysis, to the client with our findings and recommendations.